Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Again with the sloppy joes!

I am loving getting up early to take care of my workouts. I used to do it all the time, and then I got out of the habit, but when my schedule gets booked with back to back clients, I don't have time to get mine in. However, today I had a fairly easy day, and got my workout in before I started my shift. Then I got off early in the mid-day, so I did another thing that I used to do all the time. I went home and deep cleaned my kitchen from top to bottom; dusting the ceiling fan, washing the french door windows, washing the walls and base boards, cleaning the appliances, you get the idea. I bought some Mr Clean Magic Erasers the other day, and I have never tried one before. Where have they been all my life? And WHY didn't I start using them sooner? WOW!

After I cleaned the kitchen, I went to get the kids from school, and came back home for a late lunch, and then off to my second shift at work, and my second workout of the day. I came home after that and got dinner started. Before I left, I gave David the choice of making cheese burgers, or I could make sloppy joes after I got home. He's not feeling too well, so he chose that I cook dinner tonight. The last sloppy joe recipe I shared with you, was a crock pot recipe. Tonight, I made them in the skillet. I got this recipe out of a magazine. It's a recipe by French's Mustard, super easy and delicious.

Sloppy Joe Sliders
Makes: 24 sliders

1 1/2 tsp oil
2 C chopped onions
3 lbs ground beef
2 C barbecue sauce or ketchup
1 C French's classic yellow Mustard
1/2 C Worcestershire sauce
24 slider buns

Heat oil in a large pot. Saute onion 3 minutes, until tender.
Add beef to pot. Cook until browned, stirring to separate meat. Drain well.
Stir in barbecue sauce, mustard and Worcestershire. Simmer 5 minutes, until flavors are blended. Spoon onto slider buns.

I do not make the full amount. I cut it down to 1/3, and we use regular buns, not slider buns. So crock pot or skillet, it doesn't get much easier than sloppy joes, for a hectic day or an easy but super productive day.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment