Thursday, March 5, 2015

cowboy burritos

So, I was mistaken, I thought that Wednesday was the night that I had planned for the steak dinner, but it was actually tonight. So I made what I had planned for Wednesday night, tonight. On Wednesday, Heath had parkour, and my folks invited us out to dinner after. Very lovely. Winning all around. I got to spend time with a bigger portion of my family at the table, and I didn't have to cook. We ate at a place called Baja Joe's. Great Mexican food, and excellent seafood. I had a client tell me about the place, and then I told my folks about it, and my mom can't get enough of their shrimp tacos.

Tonight was a recipe that I'm sure isn't original, but it just came to me one day, so I don't know who to give credit to. I wanted grilled chicken burritos one night, and then I started just throwing things together as the chicken breasts were grilling. The end result was delish and everyone loves when I put them on the menu. David was in charge of grilling the chicken breasts while I was at work, but when I came home I was sitting in my driveway listening to a good song on the radio, and my car died. Just like that. Sooo, I had to take over the grilling while David ran around getting my battery replaced. I must say that I am slightly intimidated by the grill. I think I am a bit more confident after tonight's experience, but I will just say this; please don't ask me to light the grill.

When I set up the assembly line for this dinner, I lay out the tortillas, then I chop up the tomatoes, lettuce, and avocado, and just leave it on the cutting board. I set out the cheese, sour cream, and salsa so that each person can assemble their burrito as they wish. Then there is the pan for the beans, so really clean up is so simple, as we eat these on paper plates.

Ranch Style Cowboy Burritos

1.5 lbs chicken breasts, grilled and shredded
1.5 ounce can ranch style beans
tortillas
shredded cheese
tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, sour cream, salsa

Grill the chicken over medium heat until no longer pink (you can choose to marinade them if you'd like - I don't), cool and then shred. Heat up the ranch beans. heat up the tortilla, then layer on the chicken, beans, and whatever toppings you'd like. Use your imagination and make a masterpiece.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment