Thursday, March 12, 2015

Deli Monte Cristos

Holy smokes! I have been getting progressively busier at work. This is a good thing. A really good thing. I feel like I haven't submitted a post in a while; like a week. I also feel like I don't want to cook, and my allergies are driving me absolutely crazy. Last night, I had Toastmasters, and I was planning to fix dinner for my family before I left. That didn't happen, and I left David in charge...He did not cook dinner. The kids ate leftovers. Tonight, I didn't want to cook either, fortunately David jumped in and fixed the dinner that I was supposed to fix last night. He takes good care of me when he knows I'm starting to get overwhelmed, or over worked, or just plain tired and unmotivated. It gives me a small respite, and I can get back to my routine tomorrow.

The kids start spring break tomorrow, and we are going to a spring training game on Saturday. I am taking Monday off from work, as well as next Friday and Saturday. I'm pretty excited about spending some time with my kids and family.

Deli Monte Cristos
prep/total time: 10 minutes Makes: 2 servings

4 slices rye bread
4 thin slices deli ham
2 thin slices deli turkey
2 Tbsp deli coleslaw
2 Tbsp thousand island salad dressing
2 slices Swiss cheese
2 eggs

On two slices of bread, layer a slice of ham and turkey, coleslaw, salad dressing and cheese. Top with remaining ham and bread.
In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. Dip both sides of sandwiches in eggs.
In a non stick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook sandwiches over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment