Friday, February 6, 2015

TGIF

This week has been a very busy week. I wish there were more of me. Don't get me wrong, it was a great week, filled with lots of wonderful stuff. Just very busy. Last night I had to work a split and my daughter had her 6th grade play. I knew that I would have to meet my family at the play and I wanted them to have dinner before they left. They had requested mac & cheese. I am not a huge fan of mac and cheese, but I will tell you that for some reason when I was pregnant with my daughter, I craved it like crazy, and in the last half of my pregnancy, I was eating a box a day. I made the mac and cheese in the crock pot last night, because I didn't have time to do it between shifts, and I knew if I didn't do it in the crock pot, it wouldn't get done. I was feeling a bit under appreciated yesterday, and throwing myself a pity party as I sometimes will. I am over it, and knowing I am appreciated.

Today was another busy day. I took the registration forms over to the junior high school that my daughter will be attending, then I had to go get her shot records from the pediatrician, and take them back to the school. Plus, today was the 6th grade science fair, that my daughter was in, so I had to got to head over there and check that out. Tonight, we are going over to my folk's house. My dad's birthday is coming up, and we are having dinner and cake, and watching our favorite TV show - Grimm. My mom is fixing Panninis for dinner. YUM! Bonus = I don't have to cook or clean up the mess. I will probably help with the mess, but knowing my mom, there won't be much of a mess to clean up, and we will probably eat on paper plates. Where do you think I learned it from?

Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
6 C cooked macaroni
2 Tbsp butter
4 C evaporated milk
6 C (24 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

In large mixing bowl, toss macaroni with butter. Stir in evaporated milk, cheese, salt and pepper; place in crockpot slow cooker. Cover; cook on high 2-3 hours.

I cooked the macaroni the night before, and was able to throw everything together in the morning before work. You can add mix ins to this recipe like bell pepper, peas, tomato, ground beef, chopped onion, or even hot dog slices to make it more fun. My family likes panko Japanese bread crumbs on top of theirs, so I will sometimes sprinkle that over the top. That did not happen last night.
We did not have dinner at the table, or at least I did not have dinner with the family, because I was working.

No comments:

Post a Comment