Friday, February 27, 2015

No cooking tonight

So, the stress of the week has melted away. Either that, or I just decided to react to it/receive it differently. Last night was a pretty good night, and I didn't have to cook.  I didn't have to cook tonight either, as the kids spent the night at my folk's house. My daughter volunteers with my mom at Paz de Christo food bank on the last Saturday of the month, and since they have to leave so early, I have her spend the night. David and I spent a nice quiet night at home, watching some silly movie with Simon Pegg.

Last night, David made farmhouse pork chops and mashed potatoes. I am not a vegetarian, but sometimes, I just don't feel like eating meat. When I got home from work, I experienced one of those moments. I just wasn't in the mood to eat meat. I made myself a masterpiece of a salad to munch on.

However, this brings me to a new thing I need to learn. I want to post the recipe for farmhouse pork chops, but I have the feeling that I've posted it already. Hmmm. Now I need to learn how to tag things.

Tomorrow, I will post pictures of the mess that is the process I have for creating my blocks of menus. I've got that almost finished, and I am also prepping for my Wednesday shopping trip. My goal for that trip is to have a savings that is bigger than 30%

Looking back at the past month, I've created some new rules for myself, and I did manage to post 1 blog with pictures. Now I need to make that a regular thing. I will also make learning to tag things (like recipes) a goal for March.

At the risk of repeating myself, I give you
Farmhouse Pork Chops
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20-25 minutes Makes: 4 servings

3/4 C bread crumbs
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 large egg white
4 boneless center-cut loin pork chops (5 ounces each), trimmed

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.

2. In a resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs, oregano, lemon peel, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well.

3. In a shallow bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Dip pork chops into egg white, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl. Place pork chops in plastic bag and shake until coated.

4. Place pork chops on prepared baking sheet. Bake pork chops, turning once, until pork is cooked through and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Place pork chops on a serving platter. Serve immediately.

Variation: To broil pork chops, preheat broiler. Line broiler rack with foil. Prepare pork chops as recipe directs. Place on broiler rack. Broil pork chops 5 inches from heat, turning once, until cooked through and no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment