Saturday, January 17, 2015

You've got to be flexible

Strength without flexibility and flexibility without strength are both situation in which an injury is waiting to happen. I feel this can be in any area of life. I love to plan and organize, it keeps me calm. However, I do plan for those nights out, I also plan for nights to eliminate the leftovers, or "mustgos" as one of my clients calls them. The hubs hates leftovers, so I usually try to plan a meal that uses the leftovers in a different way, but sometimes we just end up with extra, like the stuffed peppers or ham and cheese scones this week. Every once in a while I will plan a YOYO (you're on your own) night. This is the night that we finish off all the leftovers/mustgos. My YOYO night was actually planned for Sunday, but David had to work the weekend, and I had a pedicure, so the kids and I did YOYO, and I am saving that white chicken chili for David to enjoy tomorrow. So you will have to wait one more day to get this recipe.

Tomorrow I have 2 grocery trips planned; I've got my weekly trip planned, and I also have my meat trip to Sprouts planned. I've got my lists planned out, and coupons ready to go. I have also already started a list for the next 3 week block of menus. I've got 6 requests on that list so far, so almost a complete week, making our next family menu planning session that much easier. It's nothing fancy or extravagant, but I'll try to take pictures of my process, and get them onto the blog.

Tonight, I will leave you with a super easy and yummy slow cooker paleo recipe, and a fun appetizer. Both of these recipes were found at http://paleochix.com  Very easy and VERY yummy.

Pulled Pork
1 pork tenderloin
1 large of salsa (read the label - NO SUGAR)
1 small jar of salsa
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1/2 C water
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Marinade pork in dry rub

Place pork in Crock pot, add water,* large jar of salsa, onion and garlic. Sprinkle red pepper and cayenne to spice (optional). Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove meat from crock pot and use two forks to shred the meat. Heat contents of 2nd jar of salsa in microwave and cover pulled pork with salsa. If you have guacamole made, top meat with it. Or add this spicy pork to a salad with as many vegetables as you desire. The pork is a great next day leftover!

*Optional; add a jar of pepperoncinis (pour entire jar in crock pot and omit the 1/2 C water as listed above.


Stuffed Mushrooms
24 medium white button ( commonly found in the grocery store)
1 roll of spicy hot sausage ( or you can use mild)
1 8oz package of cream cheese (not paleo)

Cook sausage as directed on package, be sure to crumble sausage into small pieces. Cut stems off mushrooms, wash them and hollow out the center (gently). In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sausage. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Fill mushrooms generously with sausage/cream cheese mixture and bake for 12-14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment